Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wifers are the New Birthers. Just Ask Bill Maher



Leave it to Bill Mahar to nail the right wing conspiracy theorists right where they live.   The other night on "Late NIght" he brought up the newest conspiracy theory-- wiferism--and asked the question " How many wives does Mitt Romney really have?"

 The video clip from the show is hilarious.  Hey, relax folks-- it isn't a slam at Mitt or his religion-- it's a riff on racist conspiracy theorists who are sure Obama was born in Kenya in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

God  bless America-- especially in an election year-- and God will have to help us all get through it without a breakdown too.  Oh well, at least some of us can still laugh.

3 comments:

Doug B said...

I'll tell you the truth. Politics has gotten so nasty and petty, it has just about totally turned me off. Politicians - of any stripe - nauseate me. They are self-serving, not public servants. For my part, I don't want to carry water for any of them.

Ahab said...

I'm waiting for some poor sap to take 'wiferism' at face value and start actually believing it! In this day and age, it wouldn't surprise me.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, Doug-- I sometimes feel like I want to take a shower after watching the political pundits and the candidates-- it's more like celebrity wrestling that politics these days and all a great farce.

As for some poor sap taking it literally-- well, Ahab, I don't think you'll have to wait long. The bar when it comes to fact vs. fiction has gotten soooooo low that it is bound to happen.

Thanks to you both for the wonderful comments. Sometimes, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the political situation in America-- I usually try to keep laughing because crying is pointless.