Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Zombie Halloween for Tea Partiers


Yes, I know this cartoon is snarky, but then I am a liberal.   As a self proclaimed liberal, I have become used to being called a moron, Fascist, Commie idiot, tree hugging, latte drinking jerk  and worse by rage filled right wing trolls, so it's about time I descended to the Tea Party level and stopped trying for civilized discourse.  Whatever happened to real political discussion with people who don't bellieve the way you do?  It seems to have disappeared forever from the American political scene  .


 Its disappearance is the reason  I've basically stopped writing here and stopped watching all TV news. The "one from the right and one from the left" talking head formula leaves me less than satisfied and stimulates an awful, mud-slinging attitude rather than a spirit of compromise. Add to that all the doomsday, conspiracy theory stuff and I have just about had it.


But here it is, Halloween, and why not take one last swipe at Fox News and the Tea Party before I exit stage left. ( notice I am exiting stage left and NOT stage right)    Don't get me wrong..... I'm not taking this blog down, I just don't have the stomach to post here these days.   I may get my groove back and find myself impassioned about the American political scene once again. You never know.  In the meantime, thanks to everyone who has read and commented and been generally supportive over the years.  I'm getting offline and going out to go trick or treating..... I may be gone till Christmas or the New Year, who knows.  I'll let you know if and when I come back..... meanwhile, enjoy Halloween and don't eat too much candy.

No comments: